Thanks for stopping by! I've thought about starting a blog for some time now, so here it is! I am a single parent, full-time student, bargain hunting, homeschooling mom to a great kid with some unique needs. Oh, and I'm on a weight loss journey too so yeah, I'm on a mission...or several! So I'm calling myself a M.O.M--Mom on a Mission! Hardly ever a dull moment around here, come along for the ride!





Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Adventures on the Homeschool Front!

I know, two posts in one day?!

We're having a great week, went to a homeschooling meeting Monday night, met a few people, and even got together with some of them today. 'The Little' made a friend and they really hit it off! A boy the same age who likes Harry Potter and has a similar fun energy, what's not to like?

At the same time, when I decided to homeschool, I talked with 'Little' about our options for approaches to what kind of formats to use, etc. He wholeheartedly wanted an online program so that's what we've been using since we started this journey. He announced to me that he wants to try other things now, so I'm back on the hunt for curriculum that works for us. For the last couple days we've been doing simple printables from the internet and he's loving them! I would have thought that worksheets would be the least appealing for him, being a sensory seeking, hands on kind of kid. But he likes them...for now!

Homeschooling is a definite challenge in the sense that it's ever changing and you need to be ready to drop and change things as needed/wanted. And the best part is, you can do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment