Thanks for stopping by! I've thought about starting a blog for some time now, so here it is! I am a single parent, full-time student, bargain hunting, homeschooling mom to a great kid with some unique needs. Oh, and I'm on a weight loss journey too so yeah, I'm on a mission...or several! So I'm calling myself a M.O.M--Mom on a Mission! Hardly ever a dull moment around here, come along for the ride!





Sunday, February 28, 2010

Love a good bargain!

Don't you just love the 'bargain high'? We spent yesterday doing a little shopping and managed to rack up some great deals. Pretty happy with our 'haul' and 'The Little' is pretty darn impressed with himself as well. He managed to find an $80+ toy set in brand new condition for a whopping $4 at the Goodwill store. His grandma snatched it up and he and his cousin and our little 2 yo buddy played together for hours and it was nothing short of adorable! $4 to bring together three wildly different kids...that's a deal! 'The Little' is too old to have it here for himself, but still gets to play with it at grandma's, so it's a win win for him!

Always fun to get the kiddos involved in the bargain hunting, and I love watching him get excited over his new stuff. He was sitting at grandma's last night and out of the blue says 'thank you mom for getting me perfection' (found the travel version new in the box for $2) and his uncle asked what he said and when I repeated him, he just smiled and said 'he's a good kid'. He sure is a good kid, I'm lucky to have him!

No comments:

Post a Comment